Here’s the rundown for yesterday (really, really yesterday this time 😉 ):
- I woke up early and REALLY wanted to just go out and grab donuts. I struggled with this, but since I had written down yesterday that one success was resolving not to buy any old donut, I was able to stick it out and we ate cereal at home. Yay!
- We ate out at a Chinese Buffet for lunch (it was the little party guy’s idea). So I had only one plate of food and one plate of dessert. I resisted going back for more food before I had my dessert since 1. I know I love dessert and this place had more variety than usual, and 2. I promised myself that if I was still hungry, I’d get more. I wasn’t at all hungry after dessert so I was good with only two plates!
- We didn’t eat the fortune cookies, but brought them home.
- We had a skinny frappacino at Starbucks that we shared instead of one drink each.
- We were going to eat at a mexican restaurant yesterday, but since we had such a big lunch, we opted to downsize our dinner (even though it had been ages since we’ve been to this restaurant and it’s my favorite – I didn’t want to just eat there for the sake of it).
- I opted for a Vegetarian Burrito at Chipotle with no sour cream (I added a bit of fat free Chobani) and no cheese. I also told the nice lady to not add quite as much rice as they do.
- I ate only half and saved the rest for later. (Those things are monsters! And to think I used to eat the entire thing and then some . . .)
- I suggested eating a mini-3 musketeer that my mom gave us for Valentine’s Day (this was at 1 am). But hubby didn’t hear me so I put them down and went to brush my teeth so that I wouldn’t be tempted. It wasn’t like I even wanted to eat it. I just wanted to “try” it and that’s where my downfall resides. 😳
Honestly, before I listed all of that, I thought that yesterday was one big failure. All I could see was the amount of eating out we did and the types of food that was being consumed. Once I see that I actually did show some restraint and opted for slightly better choices, the day doesn’t look all that bad! 🙂 Not great, mind you, but not bad. Better than it would have been a couple of years ago and that means improvements! Wooooo! 😀