I let the stress get to me this week, so things weren’t very pretty. There were donuts involved. Let’s just leave it at that, shall we?
In other areas:
- We tried out a nifty new Indian restaurant and loved their food. I had Saag Paneer and hubby had Lamb Rogan Josh. Super delicious, not overly salty and they gave us a free dessert bite, too! I also found out that on a spice scale of 1-6, I can easily take on the 2. Next up? 3! (We live dangerously around these parts.)
- I baked my first pie crust. Um, is it supposed to be sticky when you roll it out? Methinks not. My crust looked good when it was wrapped and chilling, but the minute I started to roll it out, it started sticking to the wax paper and I had to scrape it off into the pie dish. Even after all of that, the pie still tasted fine. Sure, there wasn’t a fluted edge in sight and bits of the crust was a bit chewy, but it was good. I’m going to give it another go sometime in the future. I don’t want a super flaky crust since we like ours with a bit of body, but I don’t want it to be so unmanageable when I’m shaping it. Crust experience: 6 out of 10. It was easy to make and fun to do. I just have to get the knack.
- I’m on top of the whole gift buying thing this year. Since we have to send our presents overseas, I need to get it all done this week. I have most of it done, but I still need to buy a few more things. What’s this mean for me and sleep on Friday? We’ll be meeting up later on in the day after my date with the stores. 😉 I don’t plan to fight the crowds at the big anchor stores, but I’ll be doing the mall bright and early. It’s a “tradition” I started a few years ago and I don’t plan to miss it this year.
iChallenge Week 47 Topic: Being Thankful part 3
I’m also thankful for:
- cool whip on pie
- the chance to watch Eddy nap
- freshly ironed t-shirts
- being in a 7 year marriage where others think we’re newlywed
- warm mittens
- slow mornings
- green lights on our way to work
- a good cup of tea on a gray day
- the return of the kid:
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope this week will bring you even more things to love and enjoy!