Emmie of Skinny Emmie wrote a great post today that I can totally relate to: Being (insecurely) Confident
I, too, struggle with thinking postiviely about myself, primarily due to how I might be perceived. I’m also horrible at comparing myself to others (so I might think I’m smart, but I’ll want to say “of course, but not as smart as…” right away). It has always felt like a fine line between being modest and being negative. Over the years, I think I’ve dipped more into the negative side of things than the modest. 😐
Emmie challenged everyone to just list what they think they’re awesome at. I love this idea, but it definitely makes me nervous!
So, here goes (gosh, I can already feel myself tense up!)
- I am confident because I’m a good cook.
- I am confident because I’m a dependable worker.
- I am confident because I always try to look on the bright side.
- I am confident because I stick to what I believe in.
- I am confident because I’m great at organizing things.
And I’ll stop there since I’m overcome with the feeling of being too narcissistic. (I know! That was the whole point of the exercise, but I’m blushing here. 😳 )
What are you awesome at? 🙂